Thursday, July 31, 2008

Great American Seafood cook-off-whats your favorite seafood recipe?

Seafood, hmmm I love seafood so much, well I think that will not come as a surprise anymore for I grew up in an island where seafood is very accessible, its local and so fresh. I even remember going to the market early Saturday morning to savor the early fresh catch of the day, and boy oh boy they just looked so beautiful and very much alive. I have a lot of favorite seafood recipe which I wont mention names anymore for I don’t want to guys to go hungry while reading my entry. But I think my favorite of all is what we call Kangreho con Gata (Kangreho means crab, Gata means coconut milk) Its so delicious and mouth watering, crab is cooked in a creamy thick coconut sauce with some other ingredients like, onions, garlic, tomato sauce, cilantro, bay leaves, cumin, ginger and lemon grass. Or sometimes I wanted to give it a little bit of kick to spice it up so I added a little bit of cayenne seasoning. Boy, doesn’t this sound delicious already ha? And you know what, I think this may be a good contender for a Cook off, and speaking of Cook off, the Louisiana Seafood Promotion & Marketing Board (LSPMB) and NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association)will present the Fifth Annual Great American Seafood Cook offon Aug 2-3 at the New Orleans Memorial Convention Center within the Louisiana Foodservice EXPO and the Gulf Coast Seafood Pavilion. So what do you think about that? Sounds exciting, well what I like and excited about this Great American Seafood cook-off is that, we will learn and discover different seafood recipe, chef’s own ways and techniques on how to cook and create different mouthwatering seafood recipe. So how about you guys, what’s your favorite seafood recipe? I would love to hear from your story too.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=ea560dc1570e1bf64137d727e0d0105d