Sunday, November 16, 2008

LASIK- Are You Ready For This?

Wow, technology has come a long way especially in correcting one’s vision now. I had a perfect vision 20/20 few years ago, but when I started my first job and did a lot of work on the computer I think that’s when everything started. Plus reading while the vehicle is running and reading while there’s an insufficient light inside the room is also one of the things I’m fun of doing. Its not that I like doing it, but I think I get carried away with whatever story im ready and didn’t realized that its already getting dark.

My husband on the other hand has always been wearing glasses since he was on the kindergarten. I try to ask him one’s before if he would be willing to try the LASIK technology, but he doesn’t seem to like the idea of such procedure. I don’t even know if would want to have one for myself. I heard some weird stories about eye surgery and I’ve always been scared of going under the knife so I don’t think if that’s also the right path that I would be willing to take. Yah Lasik Procedure is expensive but if you do the math, I think its much cheaper in the long run.

But today NASA and the U.S. military personnel are using the modern LASIK or also known as iLASIK to increased the performance of their personnel especially when it comes to a very high , critical and dangerous missions. Unlike the old procedure of LASIK, modern LASIK uses two lasers instead of one. The first stage of iLASIK, wave-front technology maps the unique characteristics of the individual’s eyes. Then, an ultrafast, computer-guided laser creates a corneal flap. This laser replaces the handheld microkeratome blade used in older forms of LASIK and makes the procedure exceptionally safe. After the flap is created, the wave-front mapping data guides a second laser for vision correction. Hmmm now that sounds pretty cool ha? But I think I would still want to gather more information about it on LASIK information. The procedure sounds perfectly safe but still scared about it. Anyway that will give us something to think about and for you to guys…
Post?slot_id=

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=ea560dc1570e1bf64137d727e0d0105d